Perfect salad Olivier: a classic step by step recipe with photos
- The classic recipe "Olivier" with sausage - the easiest step by step with photos
- Ingredients for Salad:
- Practical advice for the classic "Olivier"
- Salad "Olivier" classic recipe with fresh cucumber
- "Olivier" recipe classic with chicken
- The composition of the salad "Olivier"
- Salad Olivier with salmon, cucumber and caviar
- Old classic recipe from the chef Olivier
- The composition of the old recipe for salad "Olivier"
- Cooking process:
- Video of the old classic salad recipe "Olivier"
“Olivier” recipe classic - This is a salad of generations, our grandparents. It is simple, tasty and festive. New Year's Eve without Olivier Salad is not a festive table anymore. As if something is missing - this is the aroma of green peas, this freshness.
This New Year's Salad
Well, okay, let's not digress, such as "salad history" - we take a simple classic recipe "Olivier" and prepare the salad for the joy of ourselves and our guests.
The classic recipe "Olivier" with sausage - the easiest step by step with photos
He is Soviet! Adult people remember the era of the Soviet period and for all of them the classics of lettuce was exactly this recipe with sausage. And young housewives already improvise and change the classic recipe, creating their own masterpieces of cooking.
Ingredients for Salad:
- Canned green peas - 1 can
- Eggs - 5-6 pieces
- Boiled sausage - 400 grams
- Pickled cucumbers - 2-3 pieces
- Carrots - 2 medium pieces
- 2-3 potatoes
- Mayonnaise - 150 grams
- Onion - 2 onions (can be a bunch of green)
- Decorating herbs: dill, parsley, celery
- Spices and salt to taste
How to cook a salad "Olivier" in the classic recipe?
All cooking takes cooking products. The rest is banal and simple, but as tasty, just yummy fingers.
- All vegetables cook in uniform. Hard boiled eggs. Then cool and clean.
- Dice carrots, potatoes, onions, cucumbers, sausage. Crumble finely eggs.
- Drain the liquid from the can of canned peas and add the peas to the salad.
- Salt, pepper to taste. Fill with mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
- Put in the fridge. To soak and cool.
- Everything. Our “Olivier” recipe is classic ready. Serve on the table, decorated with a sprig of dill or parsley. Enjoy your meal!
Practical advice for the classic "Olivier"
Empirically, it has been proven and tested how to prepare the perfect recipe for “Olivier”:
- Cook the vegetables only in the peel, so the flavor and vitamins are preserved;
- Potatoes take at the rate of 1 piece for 1 person;
- Be sure to cool the vegetables. And cut the potatoes with a knife dipped in cold water or vegetable oil;
- Sausage should be without fat - "Doctor" itself.
- The most delicious pickles or pickled - the size of a little more than “gherkin” and not very sour;
- Do not save on eggs, they give the salad lightness and tenderness. Ideally, for 1 guest - 1 egg;
- So that the onion does not taste bitter, pour it with boiling water. Better instead, use green onions. Salad "Olivier" will look more elegant and festive;
- Peas are also not any suitable. Look at the glass jars - immediately noticeable in what capacity. Do not take with a muddy white precipitate and with dark peas. For the classic “Olivier”, you need to choose soft peas of “brain varieties” (these are shriveled fruits, similar to the brain - they have the best taste and the least starch content);
- First mix all the ingredients, and then just add mayonnaise and salt;
- After the refrigerator, before decorating, place the salad in dishes using a “serving ring” or a cropped 1.5 liter plastic bottle;
- Boiled sausage can be replaced with smoked, ham or meat;
- To bring the fresh flavor to our dish instead of pickled cucumbers, you can chop fresh cucumber.
Since Soviet times, this salad was prepared for the New Year along with herring under a fur coat and mimosa . And now Caesar salad flashes on the New Year's holiday table.
And now for improvisation. Let's move away from the classics and cook "Olivier" with other products.
Salad "Olivier" classic recipe with fresh cucumber
Well, let's try the recipe with a fresh cucumber!
What do we need? The same as in the classic "Olivier", the only difference is that instead of pickled (salted) cucumbers in the total composition, we will add fresh cucumber. Rather, to those above listed ingredients - 3 medium fresh cucumbers.
Actually, the fragrance flows throughout the apartment - the freshness, vivacity and memories of the “summer days”. We advise you to cook "Olivier" with a fresh cucumber - you will not regret.
"Olivier" recipe classic with chicken
White meat lovers are invited to take chicken fillet and add it instead of sausage. This time you can take smaller potatoes. And the remaining products remain unchanged. That is, we repeat:
The composition of the salad "Olivier"
- Cereals Green Peas - 1 Bank
- Chicken fillet - 400 grams
- Potatoes - 5 pieces
- Salted cucumbers - 3 pieces
- Eggs - 5 pieces
- Carrots - 2 small things
- Green onions - 1 bunch
- Mayonnaise - 200 grams
- Salt and spices to taste
- Cook vegetables, chicken, eggs. Cool and clean.
- Cut into small cubes. Around the same pea that in the bank.
- Cucumber "on the knife." Drain the brine from canned food and mix all the resulting products.
- Fill with mayonnaise and salt to taste, and pepper.
- For impregnation, put in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Serve in portions. Enjoy your meal.
If you prefer chicken, try boiled beef or turkey instead. And not bad for juiciness and pleasant sweetish taste add a grinded apple. Spicy "Olivier" will give not only an apple, but also lemon juice and olives.
With the appearance of new products on the Russian tables, the hostesses began to add canned corn instead of peas, crab sticks, shrimps, cheese, exotic fruits to the classic “Olivier” recipe.
Salad Olivier with salmon, cucumber and caviar
Who else calls this tasty dish - Tsar or Royal fur coat, Olivier salad in a new way. But one thing I know for sure that such a festive treat will drive each of the guests crazy and they will be swept from the table by him first.
This recipe was born in unusual conditions, at least it was with me. On one of the holidays, red caviar appeared randomly in a plate with Olivier. Having tasted, I was surprised at the unusual taste - I really liked it.
And I decided to come up with something to make the classic Olivier update and become attractive. And what came out of this, see for yourself:
Such an unusual truly Royal Olivier salad with salmon, fresh cucumber and caviar will overshadow any New Year's table. The guests will all be delighted and will not be cleared until they eat it to crumbs.
He is preparing, as can be seen from the video, quite simple and easy. The combination of seafood and fresh vegetables will transform the classics, the traditional recipe will acquire a new name.
I advise you at least once to try to make and understand that there is still a place in cooking for masterpieces!
Old classic recipe from the chef Olivier
For a long time, Mr. Olivier did not disclose the secret of his salad - he kept it secret. And not everyone was given a chance to taste it - the chef used expensive products. Only after death, in 1904, the world saw the main part.
Caviar as a decoration will add refinement and piquancy
The composition of the old recipe for salad "Olivier"
- Grouse meat
- Calf language
- Black caviar
- Fresh salad
- Crayfish (more precisely cancer necks) or lobsters, you can shrimp (as I did)
- Very small pickles
- Kabul Soy Sauce
- Fresh cucumbers
- Pickled "Capers" (these are the buds of the flower of the Kapersnik plant)
- French sauce provencal
- Boiled eggs (Olivier himself used them as decoration)
Here is such a rich and not cheap composition.
As in the classic Soviet recipe, all the necessary ingredients are cooked. The longest is the meat. Cool, clean and mode in small pieces. Lettuce leaves tear to the bottom of the common basin.
All mix and add homemade mayonnaise (this is me instead of soy sauce). Salt and pepper. Cool in the fridge.
Served on selected dishes from above, decorated with black pressed caviar.
Video of the old classic salad recipe "Olivier"
Well, now we are ready to celebrate the New Year. We include the famous Soviet film by film director E. Ryazanov “The irony of fate or with light steam”. Just after this film, the salad "Olivier" in its classic version with green peas and sausage, gained popularity and became the main and obligatory in serving the New Year's table.What do we need?